Who wants dull, and damaged floor for their stores, offices, and facilities? Clearly, no one like having cracked and boring floors for their establishments. Everyone want to leave a favourable impression on their guests and clients, and small as it may seem everyone notices the ground they’re stepping on. This is the reason why many businesses and institution invest in having an awesome flooring system.
There are any floor systems around, but two of the most popular methods are epoxy floor coating and polyurethane coating. It’s easy to see why people are flocking toward these concrete flooring structure. Both have flawless a finish and extraordinary durability. You can also choose whatever design you wish to see for your flooring. Some people interchange these two terms, and although both have similarities they are entirely different.
Epoxy Floor Coating
This concrete floor coating is created by combining a hardener and resin together until it becomes a rigid, plastic-like substance. Several layers of epoxy are poured on the floor surface until it becomes 2 mm thick. Epoxy coating for concrete floors is well-known for its aesthetic appeal while being capable of lasting for a longer period of time.
Features of Epoxy Concrete Coating
- Components. Epoxy coating is made up of two components which are the curing agent and the base. These agents are then mixed in a particular ratio until it hardens.
- Yellowish colouring. When exposed to UV light or even direct sunlight, it gives off a yellowish pigmentation. This can pose a challenge if you want to create a certain look. To counter this effect, it usually top-coated with darker hued latex.
Establishments Using Epoxy Coating
Due to its ability to withstand damages from heavy-duty equipment, epoxy concrete coating is usually used for commercial and industrial purposes. There many types of epoxy concrete floor systems, and one of which is capable of reducing electrical charges. Companies and facilities which use intense electric usage install this flooring system to reduce any injury and damages.
Characteristics of Polyurethane Flooring
- Carbamate Polyurethane belongs to a chemical compound group called “carbamates”. It has various levels of moisture and bacterial protection.
- Flexibility. This floor coating is highly flexible and allows more room for foot traffic and heavy-duty machinery.
- Scratch-resistant. One of the things this coating is famed for is its capacity to withstand scratch.
- Concrete Polyurethane Coating is usually used by warehouses and industrial establishment due to anti-scratch properties. This an excellent choice for spaces that usually suffers intense friction on an everyday basis.
Similarities and Differences
Both concrete floor coatings are well-loved for their durability and aesthetic appeal. If there is a particular floor design in mind, either of these coating for concrete floors is highly suitable for the job.
These flooring systems can stand against extensive damages and can last for a long time. However, there are several differences between the two.
Polyurethane floor coatings are generally less expensive than epoxy floor finishing, so if you’re looking for a cheaper concrete flooring solution, polyurethane coating may be just what you need. However, polyurethane does not bond with concrete as well with epoxy coating.
Consult the Experts
While both floor coatings are highly similar and can be used in different heavy duty facilities, it is best to ask concrete flooring specialist as to which works best for your business or establishment.
Contact Us for some more information about how to get the best out of your concrete floors.